We knew there’d be backlash for NCT because of Taeyong’s scandalous past, but at some point, will netizens ever stop?
After the music video for “The 7th Sense” was released, these same netizens stormed the comment sections of every news site to attack Taeyong.
It’s frustrating because people aren’t really talking about the music video itself, but are instead flooding the comments’ section with hate messages.
At least there are some comments there praising Mark’s surprisingly good rapping skills (Yay, Mark!).
And some netizens aren’t even sticking to just the message boards. If you look at Melon’s link for NCT’s The 7th Sense, you will see that a bunch of people left horrible ratings for their song.
And of course the comments section of that link is filled with hate comments too, talking about bricks, bible verses condemning Taeyong, and more.
Here are some more netizens’ comments from articles on NCT and Taeyong, translated by NetizenBuzz.
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+937, -63] So they actually debuted the scammer, yeah…?
2. [+795, -48] I heard that if you buy this group’s album, you get a brick inside instead of the CD
– No, it also comes with a CD that plays hurtful slurs about your parents too
3. [+729, -51] Isn’t this the perfect weather to buy a Gundam off of a second hand site?
4. [+582, -39] This is the group with that scammer?
5. [+170, -6] I bet that scammer never thought he’d get to debut and have his identity released for the world to see and be called a scammer for the rest of his life
6. [+163, -7] Korea’s first ever scammer makes his idol debut, SM Taeyong
7. [+131, -8] Let’s talk after you’ve kicked the scammer
8. [+69, -4] So how much are their bricks going to cost
9. [+78, -12] It’s SM so I didn’t expect much from the rapper but Mark’s pretty good..
10. [+55, -5] Guys, this is your only opportunity to talk sh*t about the scammer. Once he gets stupid fangirls later, there’s no hope because he’ll be shielded.
11. [+37, -1] Going to sell my NCT album on the second hand site~
12. [+37, -2] This group never would’ve gotten this much hate from debut if they had just left out the scammer. Does he think that he can bury his past with his fans and popularity? Too bad the past gets stickier the more famous you are and follows you around for the rest of your career.
13. [+65, -12] Mark is so good at rapping, I would’ve never thought he was under SM. I’m an SM fan myself but it’s my first time seeing someone like him.
14. [+24, -1] If you buy their album, you get a brick and a CD that plays swears about your parents ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ you guys are having fun with this
15. [+24, -1] Just in case some of you are hating on Taeyong without knowing what he looks like, put a face to the name – he’s the silver hair in the white shirt