A netizen actually convinced a some EXO fans into sending fan letters to a Seoul Metropolitan police station located in the Gangnam district.
Fans have been sending letters since the end of last year.
The police station says they have received about 9+ letters so far, most of them addressed to either Baekhyun or Chanyeol (they could probably just mail letters to Chanyeol’s parents’ restaurant Viva Polo).
The netizen who tricked these EXO fans was responding to a fan’s question about where to send EXO presents or letters.
The netizen thought it was the perfect opportunity to troll someone.
He/she looked up the police station’s address online, “Daechi 2-dong, Gangnam-gu 998”, and told the fans to send it there.
The police realize that this was an honest mistake on the EXO fans’ part, so they kindly returned the letters back to the senders.
To the troll, they say that he/she should stop giving out false addresses as it could hurt these young students’ feelings.
Here is what netizens have to say about the situation, translated by NetizenBuzz. Most of them think it’s hilarious. Others felt bad for the EXO fans, and others are upset at the prankster for wasting the police’s time:
1. [+2,489, -38] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+2,105, -30] Probably spread the address around saying it was EXO’s dorm, not SM since that stuff can be looked up online. What a disturbance.
3. [+1,821, -36] If you’re not going to help the police, don’t bother them with petty stuff.
4. [+1,472, -33] Seriously so embarrassing ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+1,361, -26] Ridiculous. People have so much time on their hands!
6. [+230, -5] Who fooled the elementary school students ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They probably still haven’t realized their fan letters are at the police station ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+167, -2] I actually saw the original prank post ㅋㅋㅋ Can’t believe it’s in the news now
8. [+137, -8] Does the company not take in fan letters? ㅋㅋㅋ Little kids are sending them, they should at least accept them ㅋㅋㅋ