New photos have surfaced of EXO’s Tao smoking on the streets of China.
These photos are of course compliments of a nasty sasaeng fan who wanted to time their release right before EXO’s comeback.
What’s got netizens really mad however isn’t really that Tao’s smoking, but that he’s smoking out in public when there are “no smoking” signs plastered everywhere.
Even if some people take those signs as suggestions rather than rules, Tao should be on his best behavior because he is a public figure.
We know that Tao is an adult and he can do anything he wants and that he can make his own decisions. We just hope he quits smoking one day so he doesn’t age too quickly or develop lung cancer (even though a lot of anti-fans are actually wishing he does get it).
Hopefully EXO’s Chanyeol is stepping in and trying to get Tao to quit, just like how he tried to get his manager to quit smoking. And kept trying to get him to quit.
We also have to do something about Sehun’s friend, who many suspect leaked the photos of him and Tao in that hotel room on purpose to gain the attention of sasaeng fans. Hell, Sehun should probably distance himself from him considering this isn’t the first time that he’s used Sehun’s fame to get attention.
Here are netizen’s comments on Tao’s smoking, translated by NetizenBuzz:
He’s an adult so smoking is his decision but he shouldn’t affect others by smoking on the streets.
1. [+116, -8] The pictures were released by a Chinese sasaeng, it is indeed Tao. Smoking on the streets is disrespectful.
2. [+84, -28] Makes me lose all respect for him ㅋㅋ If he wants to rot his lungs, he should keep it to himself.
3. [+78, -6] Seems like EXO’s personal fans are hating on one another
4. [+38, -6] That’s why you can’t believe images like him being innocent and scared of bugs.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+37, -3] Wow, smoking on the streets… whether he’s in China or anywhere, smoking on the streets is disrespectful
6. [+29, -1] Whoever it is, anyone who smokes on the streets disgusts me
7. [+27, -1] Smoking on the streets is thoughtless
8. [+25, -0] I visited China once and their streets are a mess. We have tons of anti-smoking campaigns so smokers will at least feel bad but the Chinese don’t have any remorse and just smoke wherever they want. Then they throw the butts all over the streets and others will clean it up and someone throws away another butt and it’s just an endless cycle…
9. [+20, -1] I don’t give a crap how handsome he is or whether he’s a celebrity, I can’t stand people who smoke on the streets
10. [+17, -1] Just because it’s legal in China doesn’t mean the Chinese love breathing in cigarette air ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It’s not right for an idol to be like this
11. [+13, -0] I hate it when people smoke on the streets, and for an idol to do this… It’s not wrong since he’s an adult but he should at least have the decency to contain it to one area or something.